MSA Cairns® XF1
Check out Stoney Point Fire Department's Experience with the MSA Cairns® XF1
The Cairns XF1 Fire Helmet has been certified compliant to NFPA-1971:2018 and NFPA-1951:2013 for USAR applications.
The Right Time for Something New
We know the MSA Cairns XF1 looks entirely different than the helmet you’re wearing now. And that’s the point. At MSA Cairns, we’re always striving to innovate helmet technology—which is why we're always talking to firefighters about their gear. From these conversations, we knew it was the right time to bring a European-style fire helmet to North America.
Lighting the Way
One of firefighters’ favorite features of the Cairns XF1 fire helmet has been the Integrated Light Module. This robust, compact light accessory is housed inside of the helmet, reducing exposure to heat, flames, and impact. And, thanks to strategic placement on either side of the helmet, rather than at the top of the head, the XF1’s lights improve visibility without detracting from others' vision.
Easy to Clean
The Cairns XF1 fire helmet’s modular design allows it to be quickly disassembled for thorough inspection, care and maintenance. Plus, the helmet’s soft goods are removable, washable and replaceable – all without requiring the use of tools. These features have all been engineered to help firefighters align with cancer prevention directives as written by the Firefighter Cancer Support Network.
To maximize comfort, there are several easy-to-find adjustments so that the fire helmet fit can be personalized to the individual. When it’s all said and done, the contoured style of the XF1 doesn’t just fit most firefighters – it fits them comfortably.
The Cairns XF1 jet-style fire helmet has been engineered as much for comfort and fit as safety. The most obvious feature is what it lacks – the XF1 is brimless. While untraditional, the lack of a brim reduces snag hazards. Plus, the helmet's accessories, like lighting and communications, are integrated seamlessly into the design, resulting in a sleek profile.
NEW: L1XF Integrated Lighting ModuleSince the launch of the Cairns XF1 Fire Helmet, the integrated lighting module continues to provide a new level of lighting for firefighters. The next evolution - the L1XF Integrated Lighting Module - is upgraded with the following features:
- Increased lighting output (120 lumens)
- New boost mode in addition to standard mode
- Improved shape of ON/OFF button
Be a part of something newStill have questions? Click to read the FAQs!
Cairns XF1 Fire Helmet Integrated Accessories
From the company with a tradition of helmet innovation: a not so traditional set of helmet features.
- Robust, compact light located inside the helmet, reducing exposure to heat and impact
- Light placement on each side of the helmet for a wide visibility range
- Light module only weighs 3.5oz, including batteries
- Rubberized on/off switch acts as an easy tactile locator for a gloved hand
- Light flashes indicate battery strength
- Easily fits inside helmet without impeding comfort
- Loudspeakers located near ear and housed in fire-resistant plyamide casing
- Flexible, noise-cancelling Electret boom microphone can be used with or without face piece
- No batteries needed
- Gap-free protection when you need it, hidden retraction when you don't
- Unimpeded, wide field of vision in all directions
- Anti-fog and anti-scratch
- Highest optical quality for long-term use
- Designed to fit most face shapes, even when wearing corrective lenses
- ANSI/ISEA-compliant eye protection
- Articulates forward/backward to optimize fit across a wide range of facial profiles, with or without prescription glasses
- Retracts between the face shield and impact cap when not in use
- Thumb tabs promote easy deployment with gloved hands