This course is designed for military technicians or military firefighters, who through their job function, are required to perform overhauls, adjustments, flow testing and trouble shooting on mask mounted open circuit self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Those who should attend are individuals in the military who have been identified as qualified by their employer to attend an MSA C.A.R.E. class and currently employed by an MSA Authorized Repair Center.
- Explain theory of operation for a Responder SCBA/PAPR/APR
- Identify key sub-assemblies of a Responder SCBA
- Demonstrate disassembly of SCBA components
- Demonstrate regulator and primary alarm adjustment
- Set up, performance test and adjustment using a Posi-chek III dynamic test bench