The Competent Person for Equipment Inspection course is designed for the fall protection equipment user, or at-risk worker, as well as their supervisors and the safety professional. It is also designed for those in the tool room who may issue fall protection gear to others and who are required to perform regular inspections on it.
At the completion of this course, the participants will be able to discuss and demonstrate the following topics:
- Consensus standards as they relate to inspection
- Formal documentation requirements
- Formal inspection processes, including the criteria for pass / fail and disposal for all MSA fall protection equipment, with a special emphasis on:
- Full Body Harnesses
- Energy-Absorbing Lanyards
- Self-Retracting Lanyards / Personal Fall Limiters
- Equipment cleaning and storage
- The last quarter of the class is dedicated to providing hands-on inspection experience with field-used fall gear, giving students the opportunity to touch, feel, look for, and discuss the types of damaged discussed in the class.