MSA's 1-day Confined Space Awareness training course is designed for those individuals who are responsible for managing and overseeing employees working in confined space entry activities.
It is recommended for facility managers, team leaders, supervisors and those individuals who will manage third-party contracted confined space entry operations at their facilities.
- Defining Confined Spaces
- Explain legislative consensus standards and operational requirements
- Identify typical hazards and associated risks
- How to assess and control hazards
- Manage entry permits and hot work permits
- Identify hazardous energy sources and select adequate LOTO and isolation equipment
- Managing contractors and coordinating documentation
- Selection, application & maintenance of adequate equipment for confined space entry, fall protection, gas detection
- Explain roles, responsibilities and procedures for confined space operations
- Requirements for plans and procedures for confined space entry
- Emergency response procedures and confined space rescue hierarchy techniques
Course Format:Training is instructor led multimedia presentation incorporating instructor demonstration, student manual and learner practical hands-on approach. Training will run approximately 8 hours. Learners will be given a written exam and will receive a certificate of completion with training contact hours, signed and dated by the MSA Instructor upon successful completion of the scheduled training.